Concert Music School offers Private and Semi Private Music lessons for Piano, Violin, Voice, Guitar, Woodwinds and Brass. Private lessons are ideal for all levels and ages. Students will be working one-on-one with their teacher for the duration of the lesson. Semi-Private lessons are for young beginners only. Semi Private allows two students to work with one teacher.
Parents may sit in on their child/children’s lessons, however they will be asked to leave if their presence becomes a distraction or interferes with the child’s learning.
Concert Music School and faculty are not responsible for unattended children. Please do not leave your children unattended in our facility. Please be available to pick up your child at the end of their lesson, as scheduled.
One free trial lesson will be given to all new students. Additional trials (on different instruments or with different teachers) must be paid for.
Tuition rates are subject to change, with notice given, at any time. There is a one-time registration fee for all CMS students.
We have two methods of enrollment: a) monthly tuition and b) pay-per-lesson.
- Monthly Tuition is for students who wish to take consistent lessons at least once/week. One solid tuition fee is paid at the beginning of each month, guaranteeing the student one lesson each week. The monthly tuition rate is the same, regardless of how many weeks are in the month. The fee covers an average of 4 lessons at a slightly discounted price. However, if there are 5 lessons in the month, the fee will not increase. If there are 3 lessons during the month (due to holidays) the fee will not decrease. If additional lessons are taken (excluding make-ups), they will be charged at the Pay-Per-Lesson rate.
- Pay-Per-Lesson is for those students who wish to take less consistent lessons, bi-weekly or less often. This rate is more per lesson than our Monthly Tuition, but allows for greater flexibility of scheduling. Students enrolled in weekly lessons may choose the Pay-Per-Lesson option only under special circumstances which must be approved by the teacher, student and administrator.
If we have your email on file, you will get an invoice at the beginning of each month. If you do not receive an invoice, your tuition payment is still expected. Monthly Tuition payments are due by the 10th of the month, unless otherwise indicated by the administrator. Pay-Per-Lesson payments are due at the time of the lesson, but may be made at the beginning of the month.
Payments may be made by check (payable to Concert Music School), credit/debit card, or cash.
- For checks, you may bring them to our administrator, leave them in our “Payments” box next to the administrator’s desk, or mail them to:
Concert Music School
4952 Warner Ave, Suite 111
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- For debit/credit, you may call or visit our office to get your card put on file. After the card is on file, you can call or visit to have us charge it manually. We can also set up credit/debit on autopay, which automatically charges the tuition cost to your card on the first of each month. You can put your payments on autopay by speaking to our administrator!
- Cash payments can be put in an envelope (with student’s name and month being paid for) and left in our “Payments” box near the administrator’s desk or made with our administrator in person. Cash payments must be made in exact change.
Due Dates and Late Fees
Registration fees and initial monthly tuition fees (for new students) are due at the time of the first official lesson (not including free trial lesson). First month of lessons will be prorated to the cost of lessons taken that month.
Monthly Tuition Payments are due by the 10th of the month. Pay-Per-Lesson payments are due at the time of the lesson. If a payment is not received by its due date then it will be considered late and a 10% late fee will be added.
Monthly Tuition students will hold a regular lesson time with their teacher each week. Pay-Per-Lesson students will need to schedule each individual lesson, unless otherwise agreed upon by administrator and teacher. Attendance is expected at all scheduled lessons unless there is a studio holiday, the student calls to cancel, or the teacher is unavailable and cannot find a sub.
If a student is late to their lesson, the missed minutes will not be made up. We cannot extend lessons to make up for minutes lost from tardiness. If a teacher is late, the minutes will be made up by the teacher, either at the end of that lesson or at another time.
If you are going to be absent from a lesson, please call and let the studio know, even if it is last minute.
If a student cannot make a scheduled lesson, please call and notify the studio. Lessons can be rescheduled if the studio receives notification of the student’s absence at least 24 hours before the lesson. If the lesson cannot be rescheduled immediately, it will be put down as a make-up. However, if the lesson needs to be rescheduled or made up too often, the teacher and studio should consider a different lesson time for the student.
If there is an extraordinary circumstance, such as sudden illness or family emergency, and the lesson is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled lesson time the lesson may be made up. However, only 3 make-ups of this nature will be given throughout the year, regardless of the reason for the absence.
If the teacher is absent, the studio will attempt to schedule students with a substitute. If a sub is not available, the student will receive a make-up at a later date.
Monthly Tuition students who are not coming to lessons consistently, who consistently miss or who ask to be rescheduled more than once a month for too many months of the year will not receive make-ups or be rescheduled for missed lessons. These students may switch to the Pay-Per-Lesson tuition cost, or accept the loss for any missed lessons on the Monthly Tuition cost.
CMS has a few holidays throughout the year which are accounted for in the tuition pricing. On these holidays, the studio will be closed and normally scheduled lessons are excused. We do not give makeups for these holidays and they do not alter the tuition rate.
Credits and Refunds
Credits are given when the teacher is not available for a make-up. Credits will be given to the student only if it is approved by the teacher, studio and student, and it will count toward the next month’s lessons.
Refunds will only be given if the student was initially charged incorrectly, or if a credit is owed, but the student will not be continuing lessons.
Please let the studio know in you will be taking time off at least 2 weeks ahead of time. If a student is on Monthly Tuition lessons and needs to take more than 2 consecutive weeks off of music lessons, they will lose their regularly scheduled time slot, meaning when they return they will have to find a new time. If two weeks or less will be missed, the lessons will be rescheduled as long as the studio receives adequate notice.
If you will be gone for more than 2 consecutive weeks and would like to reserve your time space, you may do so by:
- Paying a reduced tuition rate (half of the usual rate) for the entirety of the time you will be gone
- Sublease your lesson to a friend or family member during your absence
If a Monthly Tuition student wishes to discontinue lessons, they will need to notify the studio at least two weeks ahead of time, in writing. Please inform us via email or written document left with our administrator. Please let us know the reason you’ll be discontinuing lessons and the date of the last planned lessons. At that time, we will make sure there are no outstanding balances on your account. Any outstanding balances on your account must be paid at or before the final lesson.
If a student needs to quit immediately, due to extreme circumstances, final payments and outstanding balances are due at the time of resignation.